Terminology, A Browser for the English Language
Terminology is the perfect tool for anyone interested in honing their language. From writers working on the next great novel, to marketers crafting the perfect tagline. Part dictionary and part thesaurus, Terminology is designed to make it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms – accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
- Pleasant, book-like, readable interface.
- Retina-ready for both iPhone and the new iPad.
- Offline use.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and other word relationships.
- Keep list of favorite words for quick access.
- History of terms browsed.
- Spelling suggestions.
- Wildcard (?*) searching.
- Customizable font face and size.
- Customizable links to other reference and sharing apps.
- Customizable links to web resources for each term.
What People are Saying…
- #1 iPad Reference Charts, #2 iPhone Reference Charts.
- #25 iPad Top Paid Charts, #72 iPhone Top Paid Charts.
- Top 100 in over 20 countries
4.5 Mice. Terminology is a good-looking app—replete with smart font choices, a pleasant minimalist look, and an eye-friendly color palette. If you want a dictionary on your iOS device, Terminology’s the one to pick.
8/10, About as speedy and straightforward as a dictionary can be. Entries spring open instantly when tapped, and search results update dynamically as you type.
I think I’ll skip making the dictionary app. Terminology is too damn good. Everyone who said I should make it: go buy Terminology instead.